Sunday, October 3, 2010

Welcome to my first blog.

I don't know much about blogs. I never read them so I don't know the rules, if there are any. Hopefully my ignorance will keep this thing fresh and unique. If I make mistakes be nice in your responses. I am very sensitive. I am a professional writer with moderate to mediocre success. My first book, The Films of the Seventies, was published by McFarland and Co. in 1984, and miraculously it is still in print. I even sold two copies during the last pay period. You can buy it at Amazon.com. I also wrote reviews for one of those local weekly alternative papers, but I was dumped due to budget cuts. That was the same reason my ex-wife gave. Being an attention whore I was becoming frustrated with so few outlets for my glorious words, so I finally decided to convert from professional writer to blogger. I really hate that label, which is why I took so long to try this.

Movie Otter will cover any topics relating to movies, from reviews and essays to practical advice and sarcastic commentary. I won't be limited by subjects or genres, and I can appreciate films from a wide array of filmmakers from Alain Resnais to Ray Dennis Steckler. I'll also throw in odd trivia, strange bits of humor and some of my own special and hard to answer quizzes. And yes the name of this blog does have a somewhat twisted meaning, but I will let everyone ponder it for awhile.

2 comments: